Friday 13 January 2012

Analysis Of Previous Students' Work

Looking at previous students' work helped us and inspired us for our own ideas. I chose to look at 'Four Walls' by Czarina Baticos, Dennetta McKain, Kim Nguyen and Thao Ngo because I thought it was a very effective opening.

I liked their use of sound (low horns, gasping breaths, mechanical noises) because it immediately draws the audience in and creates a tense and mysterious atmosphere. A slightly more upbeat drumming then comes in which still creates tension but manages to keep a fast enough pace throughout the rest of the opening sequence.

Through editing, they recreated the same disorientating feeling that the character was supposed to be feeling by blurring shots into eachother.

I also liked how they used mainy close ups and extreme close ups which gave the same effect. As a viewer it made it more interesting to watch because I wasn't quite sure as to what was going on.









Overally, my only criticism of their opening was that it may have gone on for a little too long and could have been much more powerful if the whole thing was a bit quicker. Also, the actual title of the film could have gone closer to the beginning and been more bold as to stand out to the audiences, however other then that I thought it was a very successful film opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment